2. pretending to be married/fake dating
OKAY, au where blair has been working at W for a couple of years or so after taking over from epperly, and she and a few others want to launch their own fashion magazine with blair as editor
the problem is she needs to get in contact with this super important publishing lady to give her their pitch, but she can’t get a meeting
blair finds out from one of nate’s vanderbilt cousins that she’s part of this super exclusive manhattan dinner circle who meet for dinner every month. but the problem is that all the members are stylish, creative, influential new york power couples. so blair couldn’t join even if she managed to get invited.
but she looks down the list of names that nate’s cousin gave her, and who does she see but the sensational new author who dan’s been raving about for the past week?
so ofc she asks dan to pose as her fake husband. and dan is oddly easy to persuade. and antics ensue.
select scenes from the fic:
- they’re pretending to be a married couple but dan points out at the last minute that they don’t have rings, so they have to use elaborate ruses all through the evening of their first dinner to hide their hands as much as possible
- one of the women there approaches blair to tell her she and dan “clearly still have the spark” and blair is like “you’re mistaken. we don’t have sex. ever.” and she’s like “oh, pardon me. you seem to have such a connection, but i guess you can never tell”
- the couples are talking about how they met/fell in love and someone asks dan what first attracted him to blair. and he gives this incredible heartfelt answer about when they were interning at W together (think along the lines of the vows + “you have taught me how to live”) and blair is floored and can barely speak to him for the rest of the evening because she’s freaking out
- and in the elevator on the way down dan demands to know what he did wrong and long story short they consummate their fake marriage right there in the elevator boom chicka wow wow
- and all the other dinner guests are stuck unable to leave the building because the elevator is in use so they all finally take the stairs and call maintenance because they think dan and blair are stuck in the elevator
- but just as the maintenance guys arrive the elevator doors open and blair and dan emerge a complete happy sweaty lovesick mess and all the dinner guests demand an explanation and they fess up and everyone is incredulous and the hosts get offended and kick them out
- but dan’s author thinks it’s hilarious and blair’s publishing lady is impressed with her determination and gives her her card and agrees to let her pitch
- AND THEY BECOME A STYLISH CREATIVE INFLUENTIAL POWER COUPLE FOR REAL BYE